Community Services for Patients
We can provide the following benefits to patients;
- Clinics are usually local to patients, often in their own GPs surgery, and easily accessible. Local clinics have reduced travel costs and provide better parking facilities (normally free of charge)
- Near patient testing on-site (finger prick test) with instant INR result and professional advice on dosage
- Allocated appointment times in clinic reduce the time taken out of a patient’s day
- Choices of clinic locations are available Monday to Friday with extended and flexible clinic times
- Continuity – where possible, patients will see the same clinician at each clinic appointment
- Dedicated telephone support service.
Sanapharm have provided anticoagulation services to patients since 1994. Our team of experienced clinicians is on hand to help you manage your Anticoagulation treatment and to enable you to get the maximum benefit from taking these medicines.
- How do I join Sanapharm’s Anticoagulation Service? If you are a patient registered with a GP surgery in Yorkshire you can contact our team on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518
- How quickly do I receive my dosage at an appointment? The near patient testing machine that we use only takes a few minutes to process the blood sample and display an INR result while you are having your consultation. Your dose will then be calculated and written in your ‘Yellow’ book before the end of your appointment
- A member of my family has their INR monitored at a non-Sanapharm clinic – how can they join your clinic? If they are a patient registered with a GP surgery in Yorkshire, you can contact our team on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518
- Whom do I ask general questions about my anticoagulation therapy? Please discuss any queries or concerns with the clinician when you have your next INR check. If you have any queries or concerns which you would prefer to have answered before the next INR check please contact the Sanapharm telephone support service on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518 . This will provide a response to your query or concern
- I work full-time – how I will manage to get to an appointment? For your convenience, we are able to offer a number of appointments at 8.30am or after 5.00pm – please discuss with the clinician at your next INR check. Please contact the Sanapharm telephone support service on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518 if you would like to discuss possible arrangements
- What happens if I miss a clinic appointment if I am ill? Please contact the Sanapharm telephone support service on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518 to inform the service so that we can rearrange your appointment, check on your general health and determine what action needs to be taken
- Who will check my INR if I am admitted to hospital? Whilst you are in hospital the ward are responsible for INR testing and dosing of your warfarin therapy. The hospital ward is responsible for your discharge and transferring your care back to the Sanapharm service. Please contact the Sanapharm service on 0191 518 1564 or 0800 681 6518 to inform the service that you have been discharged, so that we can restart your INR monitoring
- I will soon be moving away from the area covered by my regular Sanapharm clinic – who will monitor my INR in the future? Please arrange to register with a GP surgery in your new area as soon as you can. Your new GP surgery will be able to inform you about the arrangements for INR monitoring in their area and make arrangements for you. Once you have the details of the INR monitoring service in the new area, please contact Sanapharm so that we are able to transfer details of your anticoagulation to your new service.